Thursday, March 24, 2011

Research Question

How has modern communication affected society?

I think that this question can be interpreted in many different ways, and I may have to narrow it down a bit. I am very interested in how technology and the internet has affected communication around the world, and I also think there is a lot of information about it. I think the most interesting topic is the internet and sites like facebook, twitter, and myspace and how these sites have changed modern communication or society in general. Many studies have said that because of the internet, we are actually less social because were all talking online rather than face to face. People are sometimes more comfortable speaking online opposed to actually speaking in person. Communication also has changed to be almost instantaneous. Text, IMing, facebook, and twitter have made sending a message an instantaneous task.

I will probably end up changing this question to something more specific, however I am interested in doing something technology and communication related. I also think there would be enough information to support my point.     

No comments:

Post a Comment